Thursday, January 26, 2012

January Birthdays

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughters, Niobe & Natalie and my outstanding son, Javan!
My girls' birthdays wouldn't be a celebration without Mom's traditional "red velvet" cake.  Aunt Edna introduced this cake to my family when I was a child while living in Hope, Idaho.  I had never seen such a beautiful "red" cake and it's taste was unique.  From that moment, Mom made this cake a birthday tradition in our family and 55 years later it continues.  This special "red cake" recipe is cherish by the family mostly because it brings Mom's memories alive.  With every bite Niobe, Nadine and Natalie would say, "Oh my gosh, it tastes just like Grandma's".  That is what this cake is all about!!!! I am thankful I could give this gift to my girls. 
To keep family traditions continuing, I made Javan his favorite cake, German Chocolate.  Hopefully his children and grandchildren will continue to make this for him when he's an old man.
This birthday gathering would have been "Perfect" if Tim's family, Nathan, Maryn, Amanda, Jessica and Kaylie would have been with us.
                                 ************************************
"A Mother holds her childrens hands for just a little while, but their hearts forever!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment