
I love road trips with my favorite people because: 1) the scenery is always beautiful (except Wyoming and Nevada), 2) it’s a great excuse to eat good/fattening food and not feel guilty, 3) the uninterrupted conversation is always intriguing, 4) I can pack the car with whatever and how much and not worry about checking in luggage, 5) the one-on-one time is priceless, and 6) oh, the places I can go! Last weekend Grant and I slipped away for a marvelous 3-day weekend – 1535 miles, 3 states and 25 hours in the car. My husband is the best! He is so patient, kind and always putting my needs and wants first. We stayed in St. George where we attended the temple (my favorite childhood temple) and toured the historical sites. We took Saturday afternoon and drove to Las Vegas where we attended the temple. What could be better than the temple, historical sites, time with my best friend and frozen chocolate yogurt with M&M’s at Hogi Yogi? I felt like I died and went to heaven.
Sounds delightful!
ReplyDeleteI was in St. George Sept. 29th to Oct. 6th., visiting a friend. She taught me the beginings of quilting! She returned with me to Colorado and spent a week and a half with me. I took her to the airport today. Anyway, it's been fun going to fabric shops, and sewing pretty things. I love fabric and like the creative process.
Talk about the quilts you have made on your blog!