I have been resting too long on my plateau of life. Resting is not part of my personality (as those close to me can testify) – so this state of mind is depressing to me, but yet I can’t get off my plateau. Right now the “Blahs of Life” have a tight grip on me. I blame some of my “blahs” on the treadmill. Instead of jumping out of bed and going on an energizing run in the fresh morning air with my fun running partner, I now, because of the change of seasons, drag myself out of bed at 4:30am, retreat to my unexciting basement, and run on my treadmill, sweating and being bored out of my mind. Even combining the best inspirational talks, upbeat music or great movies with my run doesn’t change my love for the treadmill. The only advantage to the treadmill and the shower afterwards is that I’m “wide awake” for my scripture study.
What advice do I need to start pursing my journey in life again? If I could talk to Mom with her celestial insight right now, she would probably advise me: “Charity…charity….charity….- get lost in service, enjoy the ride and be KINDER in action and thought.” Heavenly Father is probably asking, “Where are you?” I am looking forward to immersing myself in General Conference – hopefully the words of the prophets will jump-start me.
Friends, what jump-starts you?
Hey Gloria! Both my running partners are out of commission right now. Call me if you want to run! I run about 10-11 minute miles right now.
ReplyDelete