Monday, October 10, 2011

Aubrey Kennedy Coughran's Arrival



Tim's 1:45am phone call on October 5 jerked me out of bed announcing that Alex was going to the hospital. By 6am I was on a plane to Phoenix. It was a race who would arrive first Aubrey or me.... I arrived at 7am and Aubrey made her entrance into the world weighing 7lbs 4oz. at 8:25am. She has a mild and sweet disposition with lots of black hair and dark eyes. Aubrey is my 11th grandchild and Grant's and my 26th. She is a beautiful bundle of joy from heaven - such a pure and sweet little angel. I love holding her in my arms.



One concern  about Aubrey's birth was the care of her 2 yr old sister, Isabel. Because I arrived so quickly, I was able to be at the apartment before Isabel even woke up and realized her parents were at the hospital. I had the blessing of 2-1/2 days having one on one time with Isabel. That was a treat for me! We enjoyed walks, movies, playing legos, movies, visiting Mommy and baby at the hospital, movies, reading books and more movies - did I say Isabel loves movies? Every minute was precious to me. I felt I was at the center of her universe....and then Mommy and Daddy came home....and I lost my status in Isabel's eyes very quickly! It was good while it lasted.




I love being a grandma to these precious little girls. I am thankful Tim and Alex allowed me to be an active part during the first week of Aubrey's life.



3 comments:

  1. I spent the better part of last week with my 4 yr old granddaughter and 9 month old grandson, while my son was in the hospital and my daughter-in-law was nursing him. Treasured moments indeed! Great to have daddy home again, recovering. All's well that ends well... doesn't it give you a glimpse of the celestial life?
    --Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such beautiful girls! What a blessing to be a part of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special Gloria... I'm so proud of the efforts you made to get there as soon as you could. And you made it! You were a blessing for them. I'm so happy that you had special 'grma Gloria and granddaughter Isabel time'! Aubrey and Isabel are beautiful girls.

    By the way, your blog is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete