Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Ten Life Lessons
Eight years ago last week was the last time I saw Mom. In my mind's eye, I can still see her pulling off to Idaho with her new husband. I can still feel the overpowering emptiness and sadness of that Monday morning. It was one of the few times in my life that I never wanted to let my Mom go out of my arms.
Life Lessons:
1. You NEVER know when it will be the last time you will be with a loved one.
2. Cherish even the smallest moments.
3. Never allow discord to be in a relationship.
4. Love unconditionally.
5. Forgive quickly.
6. Laugh often.
7. You can NEVER hug too tightly, spoil too much, or say "I love you" too frequently.
8. Slow down and enjoy the roses.
9. Family is #1.
10. Family is eternal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That was a very touching post, Mom. It made me miss Grandma terribly but also made me think about some relationships in my life. I love you!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks mom for sharing your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteYour mother is very special. Those that knew Silvia, loved Silvia. What a wonderful example she is of service and kindness. I see that in you Gloria. I know you miss her. I wish she were still here with you. I remember the heartache you experienced with her loss. I've also seen how she has continued to touch and bless your family... Great ten life lessons!
ReplyDelete