One of my 7 children asked me if after the first grandchild, the excitement dies down and the following grandchildren are just commonplace? After traveling 663 miles (10 ½ miles in a car) to visit my 10th grandchild, the answer is a resounding “NO!!!” Over the past 19 years, the “We are pregnant!” announcement has been music to my ears and sets my heart in a pitter-patter for the next months to come. Pregnancy was always an exciting time in my life but when it’s not me getting “large” and uncomfortable, it’s even better. The thrill of grandchildren! My grandchildren are my personal angels that brighten my life with their hugs, kisses, smiles and giggles. Even when they look like they just crawled out of bed or when they are in the crankiest mood, they don’t’ lose their designated place on the pedestals where they reign in my heart or loose my deep admiration. Being in their presence takes 20 years off the wrinkles of my soul. I am totally in love with each of my 8 beautiful granddaughters and my 2 charming grandsons. I look forward to hearing many more “We are pregnant” announcements!!!!
Oh, Gloria - I'm so happy to know that this is in my future! Thank-you for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteYour grandchildren are very lucky to have you Gloria! My angel grandmother holds a very special place in my heart. Her unconditional love meant so much to me as I was growing up. Her spoiling was wonderful too! I miss her dearly! Kids need all the love they can get!
ReplyDeleteYou know what they say, "If I had known grandchildren were so great, I would have had them first!!!!!" It is true.....mine are my angels too! Ruth
ReplyDeleteI'm with you Gloria. What a thrill when your grandchild runs to you in excitement, being happy that you are there to visit them. Thanks for your blog. It will be fun to read!
ReplyDeletewe may be a few years from grandkids, but i already see some potential benefits :-)
ReplyDeletehow are your grandkids distributed?
I am responsible for 3 out of 7 grandkids. I didn't have the first, but i have the most (now) and I had the first grandson!!