I love when I find someone I can "REALLY" trust to give an "honest" opinion about a very sensitive matter. As I age/mature, I find myself looking closer and harder in the mirror. I used to glance in the mirror and give myself a thumbs-up for the day. These days I don’t just glance, a do a dead-stop in front of the mirror and analyze and wonder what has happened. I find myself obsessive about maintaining my Weight Watchers lifetime membership, running even if my speed is that of a tortoise and trying to hide wrinkles, varicose veins and bulges. My yearly makeovers have been replaced with quarterly ones.
Saturday was my closet cleaning day, the beginning of my quarterly makeover. Why do I keep clothes for 15 years? Why do I buy clothes that are one size too big? Why do I keep ugly outfits because they are warm? By myself, these questions overwhelm me and I end up sticking everything back in my closet and quitting. Nadine on the other hand comes forth blunt, honest and shows no mercy for ugly, too large and out-dated clothes. That’s why I love Nadine as my fashion consultant! Daughters are great! Following her advise, I ended up with 2 “large” trash bags full of clothes. It was great therapy and now I feel like a new woman with a new wardrobe and I didn’t even spend a penny.
I know just how you feel! I'm finding that it is taking longer to get ready and harder to look younger. Many times I don't recognize who I'm looking at in the mirror. It certainly isn't me or what I think should look like me. But, on the other hand Gloria, I think we look pretty good for our age! I enjoy sifting through my closet often, trying to keep only those clothes that have the potential for making me look kind of cute or pretty. It is time consuming work to look attractive!
ReplyDeleteUMMMMM........ Now I run your speed so you are doing pretty good. So I can be honest but I'm sure I have plenty of those things people are probaly thinking WOW!!!!! Where is the person that could be honest with me???????
ReplyDeleteGloria, you look fantastic! I have no idea what your age is, but you are much too young to have had a child who got married 20 years ago!
ReplyDeleteUmm, can I borrow Nadine for a day or to? I could really use some help in the wardrobe dept. I'm pretty good at throwing things out, it's just replacing them that I don't do well.