Back in 1990 at the young age of 38, I experienced the first of my children’s weddings. Even though I was very pleased with Niobe and Javan’s marriage, I cried endlessly. I cried when she joyously announced their engagement. I cried while sewing her wedding dress. I cried when she said "I do". I sobbed uncontrollably the night after her wedding realizing she belonged to someone else. I continued to cry for days and months, missing her terribly. That first wedding was a tough one. I never realized I could cry so much.
Since 1990 six of my children have married. I continue to shed tears at each of the weddings but the tears have matured over time.
Last Friday night was my 2nd to the oldest daughter’s wedding. Yes, I cried at this wedding, too and I even cried afterwards, but this time my tears were tears of gratitude. This marriage has been a subject of my prayers for over three years. When Nadine and Greg were pronounced husband and wife, it was very clear to me that Heavenly Father’s hand has been in this relationship. I also know how much he loves my daughter and her three daughters to bring this great man into their lives. Greg is not just a blessing to Nadine and her three daughters, but also a blessing to me. He has added optimism and goodness to my life.
Just remember……
“When your daughter marries, you gain a son
When your son marries, you gain a daughter”
Since 1990 six of my children have married. I continue to shed tears at each of the weddings but the tears have matured over time.
Last Friday night was my 2nd to the oldest daughter’s wedding. Yes, I cried at this wedding, too and I even cried afterwards, but this time my tears were tears of gratitude. This marriage has been a subject of my prayers for over three years. When Nadine and Greg were pronounced husband and wife, it was very clear to me that Heavenly Father’s hand has been in this relationship. I also know how much he loves my daughter and her three daughters to bring this great man into their lives. Greg is not just a blessing to Nadine and her three daughters, but also a blessing to me. He has added optimism and goodness to my life.Just remember……
“When your daughter marries, you gain a son
When your son marries, you gain a daughter”

Very nicely said. What a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete